At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
We’re seeking Scala and/or Java experts! You’ll play a foundational role in Carta’s fast-growing Corporations Engineering organization, which is responsible for features needed by late-stage private companies as well as public companies. You’ll help to deliver reliable and scalable solutions that enable our largest and most valuable customers to grow on the Carta platform. Your team will be tasked with building a Reporting Framework that is critical for our customers to provide accurate, audit-worthy reports that adhere to GAAP. We will be also leveraging the Reporting Framework to provide customizable equity reporting to our largest and most valuable customers.
Applicants must have strong technical skills, experience building frameworks that scale and enjoy working closely with stakeholders across engineering, product, business, and marketing. Prior experience in FinTech and all these technologies is ideal, but not required. Our team consists of people who are happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta.
- Build highly responsive, data-intensive service in Scala and Java
- Design, build and interact with a large variety of internal API’s
- Works with product directly to help shape and form requirements for complex, large scale initiatives
- 5+ years backend engineering experience, with strong systems fundamentals
- Expertise in Scala and/or Java
- MVC and Play framework experience
- Knowledge of REST-based services and GRPC
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Strong industry experience in the architecture and design of scalable backend systems
- Experience designing and building APIs
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced team environment
- Data Engineering background
- Familiarity with Akka
- Experience in financial markets or FinTech.
- Experience working on accounting software
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VC like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.