At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
Program Managers at Carta help us achieve Carta’s mission to create more informed owners everywhere. They drive cross-functional projects across multiple product areas and leverage a multifaceted toolkit of skills including leadership, communication, collaboration, analytics, and critical-thinking skills. Carta Program Managers use their experience building great software to help our business and development teams solve problems and deliver solutions.
Program Managers at Carta are:
- Organized: Program Managers help create order from chaos. They know the pulse of their teams and how to keep them focused and moving forward. They manage workflows across teams, projects, and offices and are the go to source for information.
- Cross-functional: Program Managers lead and coordinate development efforts between internal business and development teams. They ensure that Carta’s business needs are translated into requirements. They drive execution (planning, coordination, project management) of technology projects from ideation through launch.
- Strategic: Program Managers anticipate bottlenecks, weigh the costs and benefits of various solutions, forecast delivery timelines, and balance business needs with technical constraints. They provide crucial oversight and insight across projects.
- Communicators: By nature of their position, Program Managers must be strong communicators across multiple stakeholders. They translate information from technical team members to business counterparts. When problems arise, they feel comfortable escalating them to the proper stakeholders and identifying actionable solutions.
- Collaborators: Program Managers partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and facilitate compromises across teams and stakeholders.
- Think big and small: Program Managers look for scalable solutions that can move entire parts of organization, rather than just one team or a few. They understand our large, interconnected projects and cross-product dependencies deeply. While Program Managers can manage projects at a high level across teams, they can also help individuals and teams deconstruct problems into smaller solvable solutions.
- Data and impact driven: Program Managers identify metrics that quantify success. They use those metrics to understand team and project impact. Furthermore, they are constantly looking for the projects and solutions that deliver the highest impact and value for the company.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity: Program Managers know when they or their teams are stuck. They gather information, mediate hard conversations, and identify a path forward that others can confidently follow.
- OK to travel: Carta’s Corporations team is bi-coastal with most of the software development team in San Francisco and the business counterparts in NYC. This candidate should be open to travel between the two when required.
- 5+ years of Program Management experience in an Internet-related program or applications environment (or equivalent)
- Experience working with internal stakeholders on complex, multi-functional engineering projects.
- Experience presenting business and technology concepts with data to decision makers
- Certified Scrum Master with 2+ experience in running scrums, sprint grooming & planning, and reviewing agile project metrics.
- Skilled in SQL and hands on experience working with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, etc.)
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.