At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
Carta is hiring experienced software engineers at the Mid and Senior levels to join our R&D team building out product functionality for our LLC clients. As we expand beyond Venture Capital, we’ll need you to help define requirements and build solutions for products that bridge the gap for clients in the Private Equity, LLC and Real Estate spaces. As one of the first few engineers on this team, you will play a key role in building the initial data model and features for the foundational product. This is a collaborative effort across teams and disciplines. The choices we make will define our future product infrastructure. The cross-functional team is talking to top Private Equity firms and large enterprise customers to gather requirements for our roadmap.
Applicants must have strong technical skills, be excited by “zero to one” projects, and enjoy working closely with stakeholders across engineering, product business and marketing.
Our tech stack is Java, Python, Django, React, Postgres. Prior experience in FinTech and all these technologies is ideal, but not required. Our team consists of people who are happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta.
- Architecture, design and coding of highly available, secure, and scalable financial platforms
- Test-driven development (TDD), high levels of code coverage and automation
- Peer code review
- Logging and monitoring of platforms for proactive assurance of availability and performance
- Measuring results of system changes through metrics, both in speed and in business value
- 3+ years full-stack or backend engineering experience, with strong systems fundamentals
- Comfortable with Python or a JVM based programming language
- Exposure to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and microservices
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems.
- Experience architecting complex SaaS products
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable regularly working in team environments
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.