At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
As an Investor Coverage & Syndication Manager on the CartaX Investor Coverage & Syndication team at Carta, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with leading private markets investors around the world. This team serves as the main point of contact for investors transacting on CartaX, which is an issuer-centric electronic trading platform offering tailored liquidity programs for privately-held companies and their investors. As a manager on this team, you will be responsible for shaping the strategy on the investor side of the CartaX marketplace, building new relationships with target investors, and managing existing customers across a variety of investor segments (venture capital firms, family offices, direct secondary funds, hedge funds, etc.). Additionally, you will work cross-functionally with other teams (i.e. Issuer Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal) throughout the lifecycle of a deal to execute against our strategic initiatives.
We are looking for an individual with deal execution experience in VC, PE or M&A who is exceptionally motivated and willing to “get in the trenches”. This role will be highly visible both internally and externally, and is critical to CartaX’s continued success in the market. The ideal candidate should identify with and feel strongly about Carta’s mission of promoting transparency and efficiency in private markets. Lastly, this individual will need to be technically competent in both primary and secondary private markets transactions as well be able to engage with Board members and C-suites of some of our most valuable clients.
- Be an expert in deal-making, private placements, and marketplaces
- Own the customer relationship with investors throughout the entire lifecycle of the customer experience with CartaX (from outreach to execution)
- Identify new investors and educate them on the value proposition of CartaX
- Manage the execution of secondary private equity transactions on our platform, working cross-functionally with the Issuer Services, Operations, Legal and Compliance teams to drive deals to a timely close
- Help shape our distribution strategy to build the investor side of the CartaX market from the ground up
- Manage investors as needed; serve as the connective tissue between our customers and the rest of Carta
- Identify process and product improvement opportunities and work with our Product and Engineering teams to automate and optimize our platform and processes
- Communicate directly with Board members and investors throughout the lifecycle of the deal in order to ensure the success of a transaction
- Utilize data analytics to improve our understanding of the CartaX marketplace and drive essential data-driven decisions about our platform, products, processes, and stakeholders
- 7+ years of experience in Venture Capital, Private Equity, Equity Capital Markets, Sales & Trading, Investment Banking, Direct Secondary Funds, or other relevant fields
- Working knowledge of private markets, market structure and financial markets, accounting/financial statement analysis, and the securities industry
- Ability to professionally interface with GPs, Managing Directors, and Board members at large buy-side investment firms
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with minimal guidance
- Comfort with data and ambiguity, and an ability to both delve into details and engage meaningfully on overall strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations, especially to C-suites
- Excellent attention to detail
- Transactional VC, Private Placements, or PE deal experience
- Experience working with or serving on a Board
- Series 7 and 63 certifications
- Working knowledge of general corporation laws, including corporate governance
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.