At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 900,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
Less than 8% of VC backed startups go public which means the majority of employees will fail to see a return on equity. In 2019, we raised 300 million to solve this problem by building the first ever trading platform that will allow employees of pre IPO companies to trade shares for liquidity in a regulated marketplace. CartaX will be the world’s first vertically integrated financial marketplace for private securities which matches buyers and sellers using auction based technology.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Client Services your'll work on full-stack initiatives for this greenfield marketplace for private securities, CartaX. A product that will fundamentally change the way private companies view liquidity, going public and how employees exercise their options. All of our engineers are part of the architecture, design, build and deployment of well crafted code. .
- Work closely with the product team to develop and build the customer facing workflows that drive interaction with our transaction platform
- Build highly responsive, data-intensive interfaces
- Design, build and interact with a large variety of internal API’s
- Works with product directly to help shape and form requirements for complex, large scale initiatives
- Strong industry experience in the architecture and design of scalable front and backend systems
- Experience building services or middleware in Python, Java or related backend languages
- Experience with modern web technologies such as Django, React or similar
- Experience with service oriented architectures
- Experience designing and building APIs
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced team environment
Nice To Have
- Experience in financial markets or fintech
- Experience with Kafka and gRPC
Carta is a Series F company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.