At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
We’re looking for a Head of Communications to lead all external communications and public relations efforts for Carta including strategy, messaging, and execution of PR plans. You’ll be responsible for building narratives, campaigns, and stories that promote an understanding of Carta among our key audiences. You’ll work closely with our CEO Henry Ward and other executive spokespeople, and collaborate with the product, content, brand, and growth teams.
- Provide strategic PR counsel cross-functionally and to C-level executives including the CEO
- Work with the VP of Marketing to align PR messaging with the brand narrative
- Manage a PR agency team, collaborating with the external team to develop and manage relationships with media, resulting in on-message press coverage
- Write and edit PR content including press releases, pitches, strategic plans, bios, and other materials
- Lead the press strategy and execution for product launches, collaborating with product leadership and product marketing
- Work with content team to identify and pitch blog content that is media worthy
- Collaborate with the Chief of Staff and Head of Internal Comms on executive communications and brand building
- 8-10+ years of PR/communications experience
- In-house PR/communications experience preferred
- Experience in SaaS, preferably in Finance or Fintech
- Expert media relations professional with a strong understanding of the media landscape for B2B and SaaS companies
- Experience in corporate communications and the ability to be a trusted advisor to C-level executives
- General familiarity with policy and regulations that impact the fintech and investing community
- Track record of successfully managing and partnering with an external PR agency
- Crisis communications experience a plus
- Experience with international PR a plus
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.