At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
- Write branded communications including ads, emails, events collateral, landing pages, video scripts, product marketing materials, in-product education, and more.
- Ability to edit work from other writers, and help them improve their own abilities.
- Work with our marketing team on integrated campaigns and growth initiatives, and be a key part of the cross-functional content process.
- Prioritize your work and communicate priorities to all stakeholders.
- Work with the content marketing and brand marketing team to develop the voice of Carta in collaboration.
- Show us your work. Include a mix of brand marketing, advertising, editorial, and product-related projects.
- Minimum 4 years of copywriting experience either in-house or at an agency. We are open to different levels of seniority for this role, as this is our first copywriter and we plan on scaling our content and brand marketing teams.
- Experience distilling complex topics into simple, easy to understand languagePassion for concise prose, avoidance of buzzwords or jargon.
- Excited to not just produce great work, but to establish and implement a process for copywriting and editing.
- Believe that those who embrace the oxford comma are on the right side of history, or just generally know how to follow and champion a style guide.
- BA degree (or significant work experience) required; Bonus if you have an MA or MFA.
Carta's brand and voice (for reference)
- We want people to learn something when they read our content. “Add value” is a marketing principle.
- Carta is trustworthy and honest. We’re a fintech company that depends on trust.
- We’re also breaking the mold on what finance looks like today, so we communicate like humans in a straightforward, clear, and approachable way. We aren’t stodgy or jargony.
- Our audience is as busy as we are, so we communicate succinctly and intelligently, and try to always be helpful.
Please include at least three samples of your recent work. This is a full-time position - please no applicants seeking contract work.
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.