Cars.com is looking for a High Impact Yield Specialist to join our Yield Management team. The team’s primary focus is forecasting and pricing advertising inventory, identifying opportunities for optimization, and consulting with the sales team to achieve company revenue goals.
As a key member of the Yield Management team, the Yield Specialist is primarily responsible for providing availability forecasting for the National sales team and campaign optimization with Campaign Management Team. The Yield Specialist will also work with other members of the Yield and Revenue Management teams on other initiatives ranging from product definitions to product and pricing reporting.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Provide inventory availability forecasts to sales for proposals using available tool sets, processes, and analyses to ensure the highest level of accuracy given information available.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot data quality issues that may impact the accuracy of those forecasts as well as reporting data, escalating when necessary; working towards continuous improvement.
- Ensure quality of operational efforts relating to the management of online ad campaigns through the sales life cycle; forecast, sale, order entry, trafficking, campaign monitoring and reporting.
- Serve as Yield Management’s liaison to the National Sales Team and Campaign Management Team.
- Work cross-functionally on special projects aimed at providing operational efficiency to maximize sales profitability.
- Support regular reporting efforts focused on ad delivery, efficiency, and yield to multiple stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Ability and desire to manage projects and processes
- Superb time management with a continual focus of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Positive, enthusiastic, professional, and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Particularly Excel)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to learn on the fly
- Basic understanding of digital ad formats, functionality, and ad serving technology/systems (DFP, Operative, Yieldex, MOAT, or others) is preferred
- BA/BS degree in Business or related field. A degree or specialization in Information Systems, Accounting, or Economics is preferred
- Background in Online/Digital media is preferred (1-2 years)