Cars.com has been featured as one of the top places to work in Chicago by The Chicago Tribune, Built in Chicago, Computer World and Chicago Inno, making us the premiere online destination connecting car shoppers to local automotive groups since 1998. We have prided ourselves on being an innovative tour-de-force within the automotive industry by offering top of the line digital media solutions to car shoppers and dealers alike through our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, our comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry.
Proudly standing as one of the largest digital automotive platforms on the market with our recent acquisition of DealerRater, Cars.com have experienced a lot of exciting now growth within our organization. In 2016 and 2017 alone, Cars.com moved into our brand new headquarters located in the West Loop of Chicago’s business district, and spun off into a publicly traded entity on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). We can honestly say there has never been a better time to join the Cars.com family!
As the Channel Account Manager, you will provide ongoing support via phone and email to both new and existing Cars.com accounts as well as Channel Sales Representatives. The role serves as a liaison between our dealer and sales customers and many other departments throughout Cars.com on everyday requests. Your focus will be on providing excellent customer service and resolving issues to fuel Cars.com growth and ensure customer retention.
- Ensure all incoming customer requests, including technical troubleshooting and resolution are handled in an urgent, professional, and personable manner
- Continually monitor customer activity and track customer performance while leveraging tools and resources to prioritize and organize outreach
- Support new and existing Cars.com accounts via phone and email both with ongoing consultation and direction for success with their online advertising
- Identify training opportunities for customers on products, tools and other resources and address accordingly
- Support Channel Sales Representatives by handling incoming requests and participating in strategic conversations to streamline communication and objectives
- Fulfill reporting requests within departmental guidelines to assist with retention
- Utilize Salesforce to document and track customer inquiries and interactions
- Perform other related duties such as participating in various projects, pilot groups, or department
- Effectively work cross-functionally and with a wide range of people with different skill sets
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while solving problems quickly and creatively
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues efficiently and effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a productive member of a team
- Positive, customer first attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 0-1 year of relevant work experience
- One year of relevant Account Management or Customer Service experience preferred