Cars.com has been featured as one of the top places to work in Chicago by The Chicago Tribune, Built in Chicago, and Computer World, making us the premiere online destination connecting car shoppers to local automotive groups since 1998. We have prided ourselves on being an innovative tour-de-force within the automotive industry by offering top of the line digital media solutions to car shoppers and dealers alike through our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, our comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry.
Proudly standing as one of the largest digital automotive platforms on the market with our recent acquisition of DealerRater, we have experienced a lot of exciting now growth within our organization. In 2016 and 2017, Cars.com moved into our brand new headquarters located in the South Loop of Chicago’s business district, and the company has now spun off into a publicly traded entity on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). We can honestly say there has never been a better time to join the Cars.com family!
- Develop and aggressively grow sales through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development.
- Cold-call key decision makers and negotiate rates in defined territory.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through training and customer support.
- Develop relationships with dealers and dealer groups. Leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Help proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services.
- If requested, manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables.
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross-functional departments when necessary.
- Meet revenue and account retention goals.
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license.
Cars.com is committed to making a work life/ balance for employees. Listed below are a few of our employee benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs
- Training & Development - Top notch curriculum to advance your learning and skills
- 401(k) Program – 100% vested immediately upon enrollment
- Company Paid Trips - Top performers will enjoy an all-expense paid company trip - VIP style!
- Paid time off - 3 weeks of vacation time in first year of employment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Flexible with able to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: able to adjust style and messaging based on audience
- Excellent listening skills: able to speak with customers to understand their needs
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understand the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Deliver high quality work results on time
- Embrace change with creative and innovative solutions
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities and assists others in doing so
- Commit to continuous self-development
- PC literacy is necessary including MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Effectively use CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline
- College degree preferred
- Three plus years of solid business-to-business sales experience
- Media sales experience preferred
- Familiar with the market and the community’s dealer base, focusing on franchise dealers, preferred