Visited by more than 10 million car shoppers each month, Cars.com is the leading destination for online car shoppers, offering credible and easy-to-understand information from consumers and experts to help buyers formulate opinions on what to buy, where to buy and how much to pay for a car. With comprehensive pricing information, side-by-side comparison tools, photo galleries, videos, unbiased editorial content and a large selection of new- and used-car inventory, Cars.com puts car buyers in control of their shopping process with the information they need to make confident buying decisions.
Summary of Position:
Ad Operations Senior Ad Trafficker are technical subject matter experts for publisher online advertising within Cars.com. They identify, resolve, communicate, track and report on all online advertising-related issues. They work with several teams within Cars.com including Product, Technology & Sales to develop and implement operational solutions via software or workflow procedures.
- Represent the Ad Operations team as technical consultant for publishing online advertising, both in the industry (IAB & AdMonsters) and within Cars.com, establishing and adhering to best practices.
- Works with the internal Product, Tech and Sales teams to provide solutions for new and existing products using sound judgment and superb communication skills
- Act as a subject matter expert for all display products and coach team on proper workflow to successfully traffic products and troubleshoot display ads.
- Assist with day-to-day trafficking as needed
- Subject Matter Experts for display software systems (DFP, OperativeONE, etc..)
- Support emergency after-hours issues that arise
- Manage short and long term projects which impact the Ad Operations team
- Strive to exceed our own expectations while delivering the highest quality service to our customers.
- Flexible to handle other duties that arise from time to time to accomplish business objective.
- A strong understanding of the online advertising industry, ad serving technologies, campaign metrics (CPM, CPC, CPA) and optimization strategies
- Able to work with technical and non-technical teams
- Knowledge of CRM software (Salesforce.com), OperativeOne, and Google DFP
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically while managing the day-to-day execution of the ad trafficking process
- Must demonstrate a positive customer service attitude towards all contacts; be flexible, patient, courteous, and professional
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management; pro-active, quick learner
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate requirements with great attention to detail