We have an exciting opportunity for a Director, Total Rewards to join our People Xperience team! The successful candidate will design, implement and maintain Cars.com's total rewards philosophy, to attract, retain, and engage employees while aligning with the company’s overall business goals. In addition, the successful candidate will manage our employee and executive compensation, benefits, incentive, recognition and HRIS systems by identifying improvements to systems and tools, that increase the efficiency of administration and optimize the value.
This role will work closely with their peers in Talent Experience, People Development and Facilities to identify and deliver benefit offerings that anticipate needs of the employee base and the company that drive individual and enterprise value through optimal utilization of all resources. In addition, this role may work directly with business leaders to understand trends our employee base and potential candidates value.
The Director of Total Rewards will oversee all aspects of compensation planning, design and implementation. She/he will continually assess and evaluate current competitive tech industry compensation and benefits practices and changing legal issues to identify opportunities for increased value for the enterprise. The Director ensures clear and concise disclosures are issued regarding compensation for high-ranking executive officers of public companies, as required by federal securities laws. In addition, the director will have the opportunity to partner with internal/external senior executives in merger, acquisition, affiliation, and integration due diligence and implementations, when necessary.
- Executive Compensation
- Works with the leadership team to provide the company’s Board of Directors relevant information to review and approve senior executive compensation annually.
- Works closely with Chairman of the Compensation Committee, Chief People Officer and Executive Compensation Consultants to manage quarterly Compensation Committee meeting preparation, content, execution and follow-up.
- Fully implement all aspects of Equity Program for stand alone public company
- Oversees Sales Compensation design and effectiveness
Organizational Compensation Management
- Owns salary administration implementation and data including job evaluation, job levels/ grades, pricing of new jobs and refreshing external market data
- Leads the salary planning, merit budget, job evaluation and salary structure components of the overall compensation system
- Oversees the design and implementation of the full suite of benefits offerings including vendor negotiation and selection, budget analysis and modeling. Negotiate and contract with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors and consultants for services, premiums and plan administration
- Designs and implements recognition program to increase the company’s ability to attract, develop, and retain top performers
- Lead HRIS initiatives from conception to implementation. Propose short and long-term HRIS technology strategies and roadmaps. Collaborate with functional and technical staff, both internal and external, to achieve required HRIS results
- Optimize data and reporting - Identify synergies and other opportunities for enhancement of current systems, resources and processes for improved efficiency, quality, timeliness, and accuracy of HR functions
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Master’s degree preferred, but not required
- Subject matter expertise and a minimum of 10-15 years of related experience in Total Rewards, Executive Compensation and HRIS within publicly traded technology, financial services, and/or retail industries
- 5+years of progressive experience leading end to end development & re-design of compensation plans, market study analysis and internal/external equity analysis.
- Prior experience writing incentive plan documents and an understanding of how incentive fits into the greater compensation picture.
- An executive presence with the ability to influence senior management; and work across all levels of an organization
- Collaborative business style to work effectively across the People Xperience Team, Executive Compensation Consultants, Compensation Committee, and the overall organization with a sense of service and proactivity.
- Excellent coach for the identification and implementation of standard systems and process that improve efficiency and organizational value.