Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Cars.com is seeking a Senior Front End Developer to join its growing Technology team. This developer will collaborate with developers across Cars.com on best practices, standards, and trends through Communities of Practice.
- Contribute to the solution from development through production deployment.
- Perform delivery (e.g. code, unit-test, and lead design/code review sessions).
- Work in a cross-functional environment (i.e. Product Owner, Agile Coach, UX Designers, and Architecture).
- Perform discovery (e.g. planning, sizing, POCs) to ensure success of delivery team.
- Ensure code quality is high, application is healthy, and tech debt is low.
- Solid Node.js and Angular Experience and any other similar frameworks
- Front-end Debugging and Testing Skills
- Self-motivated and team oriented
- Able to work in a cross functional team
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid knowledge of JSON/CSS and AJAX
- Solid knowledge of HTML.
- 4-7 years of experience as web developer in an online/software venue
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming
- Understanding of Web Services concepts; RESTful API experience preferred
- Experience with developing applications on Node.js
- Experience and/or advocate for front end best practices (e.g. JS unit-testing and continuous deployment)
- Agile/Scrum/Lean experience preferred