Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Data is the driver for our future at Cars. We’re searching for collaborative, analytical, and innovative engineers to help utilize the almost 20 years of data we have at our disposal. If you are passionate about using data to solve problems and build game changing products, we’d love to work with you!
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop analytical solutions
- Build complex queries on large data sets used to make informed decisions and demonstrate Cars.com value to local and national customers
- Translate business needs into data visualizations
- Collaborate with data platform teams influencing processes and technologies used to deliver solutions
- Foster self-service analytic environment by providing domain and tool expertise
- Perform root cause analysis on reporting and data issues.
- 3-5 years in SQL programming
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or QlikView
- Ability to work with large databases such as Oracle, Teradata and/or a big data environment
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and technologies
- Ability to communicate with internal and external teams both verbally and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Experience with Hive or Impala
- Experience with cloud based technologies like AWS