The People Experience Team’s mission is to create and maintain a frictionless and value added employee experience mirroring that which we strive to create for the Consumers on our site. We aim to supply employees with the resources and tools they need to navigate personal and career decisions that help them win in aspects of their life that we can impact. When our people win, we win as a business and vice versa. As a People Business Partner, you are a champion of Cars.com’s culture and core values. You’ll work closely with other members of the PXT and your functional business leader to develop, facilitate, and implement solutions to improve engagement and drive business results. You will be responsible for solving complex organizational challenges to achieve optimum people performance using data based decision making in support of the overall business strategy.
As a PBP, you’ll be an integral part of the leadership team, so it’s critical to understand the the technical talent management & trends, digital advertising as well as the automotive industry. You will be responsible for creating and driving your function’s people strategy successfully, and this requires you to think big, challenge and collaborate, use data to guide your work and be innovative with solutions. You can expect your day to span many topics/activities including coaching clients, leadership development, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or helping drive programs to help our people win. The end goal is to provide efficient and effective employee service which implements best practices, reduces risk, ensures consistency and fairness.
You will partner with a cross functional group subject matter experts to design and deliver your business strategy for how we attract, on-board, develop, engage and retain what matters to us most, our people.
- Consult with leaders to develop a people strategy that drives the best results, and ensure the culture remains in step with our company core values by continually measuring and managing employee engagement.
- Provide thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution, using insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Be an effective problem solver by undercovering the root causes, designing thoughtful timely solutions that align with our strategy. This requires cutting across multiple disciplines, and sometimes beyond people and organizational solutions.
- Provide expertise in: organizational design, performance management, succession planning, business consulting, compensation, employee engagement, coaching, learning & development, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations.
- Act as a single point of contact for employees and business leaders, providing guidance and coaching, as well as facilitating engagement, translating HR policies and ensuring alignment with organizational values and objectives.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years HR business partner or generalist experience supporting senior leaders and a technical employee base; preferably at a tech or digital marketing company.
- A combination of HR experience in the following disciplines: Organizational design, performance management, succession planning, business consulting, compensation, employee engagement, coaching, learning & development, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations
- Ability and desire to build/augment PBP processes and procedures that drive efficiency for the team and positively impacts the employee experience.
- A strong sense of discretion, professionalism and use of good judgment while working with confidential and sensitive information
- Superior communication skills – convey confidence, empathy and trust via candor and diplomacy to build effective relationships; able to engage with front line employees as well as senior leaders on a strategic and operational level.
- Strong influencing skills to motivate action and drive collaboration
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic work environment.
- Effective problem solver with strong analytical skills that identify root causes, understand trends, develop recommendations and hold partners accountable to own and delvier.
- Passion for HR - enjoys coaching and developing people
- Forward thinker - dynamic yet detail orientated and organized
- Project management skills and implementation experience
- PHR/SPHR Certification, preferred