Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact
Cars.com is seeking a Digital Media Senior Sales Representative that will be responsible for developing and consulting clients within his/her market. This is a career position for a person who wants to contribute to the long-term success of a high growth and progressive company. We offer an established career path within our direct sales team for added opportunity. Our business-to-business sales representatives are responsible for selling a value-based online advertising solution for automotive clients. Our enthusiastic and driven sales representatives focus on growth of existing accounts and prospect for new opportunities, speak with decision makers, analyze their needs, and effectively deliver value-added solutions.
There has never been a better time to join this best in breed sales organization. You will be surrounded by other experienced, mature hunters and closers in an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is committed to grow their book of business and service their clients. If you are true closer and want a great place to work, join the Cars.com team today.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop and aggressively grow sales through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development.
- Cold-call key decision makers and negotiate rates in defined territory.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through training and customer support.
- Develop relationships with dealers and dealer groups. Leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Help proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services.
- If requested, manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables.
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross-functional departments when necessary.
- Meet revenue and account retention goals.
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license.
Cars.com is committed to making a work life/ balance for employees. Listed below are a few of our employee benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs
- Training & Development - Top notch curriculum to advance your learning and skills
- 401(k) Program – 100% vested immediately upon enrollment
- Company Paid Trips - Top performers will enjoy an all-expense paid company trip - VIP style!
- Paid time off - 3 weeks of vacation time in first year of employment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Flexible with able to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: able to adjust style and messaging based on audience
- Excellent listening skills: able to speak with customers to understand their needs
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understand the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Deliver high quality work results on time
- Embrace change with creative and innovative solutions
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities and assists others in doing so
- Commit to continuous self-development
- PC literacy is necessary including MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Effectively use CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline
- College degree preferred
- Three plus years of solid business-to-business sales experience
- Media sales experience preferred
- Familiar with the market and the community’s dealer base, focusing on franchise dealers, preferred