Cars.com has been featured as one of the top places to work in Chicago by The Chicago Tribune, Built in Chicago, Computer World and Chicago Inno, making us the premiere online destination connecting car shoppers to local automotive groups since 1998. We have prided ourselves on being an innovative tour-de-force within the automotive industry by offering top of the line digital media solutions to car shoppers and dealers alike through our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, our comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry.
Proudly standing as one of the largest digital automotive platforms on the market with our recent acquisition of DealerRater, Cars.com have experienced a lot of exciting now growth within our organization. In 2016 and 2017 alone, Cars.com moved into our brand new headquarters located in the South Loop of Chicago’s business district, and spun off into a publicly traded entity on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). We can honestly say there has never been a better time to join the Cars.com family!\
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop and aggressively grow sales through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development.
- Cold-call key decision makers and negotiate rates in defined territory.
- Meet revenue and account retention goals.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of Cars.com products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of the various Cars.com products.
- Maintain strong ongoing knowledge of the automotive landscape and industry as well as local market dynamics.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through training and customer support.
- Develop relationships with dealers and dealer groups. Leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services.
- As appropriate, manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables.
- Utilize CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com and other tools to record, track and plan client activity.
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross-functional departments and participate in team or cross team initiatives and projects.
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license.
Cars.com is committed to making a work life/ balance for employees. Listed below are a few of our employee benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs
- Training & Development - Top notch curriculum to advance your learning and skills
- 401(k) Program – 100% vested immediately upon enrollment
- Company Paid Trips - Top performers will get to enjoy an all-expense paid company trip - VIP style!
- Paid time off - 3 weeks of vacation time in first year of employment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to adjust style and messaging based on audience
- Excellent listening skills, especially via phone with customers to understand their needs
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Ability to deliver high quality work results on time
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Commitment to continuous self-development
- PC literacy including MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline
- College degree preferred
- 1-2 years of sales experience
- Media sales experience preferred but not required