Cars.com has been featured as one of the top places to work in Chicago by The Chicago Tribune, Built in Chicago, Computer World and Chicago Inno, making us the premiere online destination connecting car shoppers to local automotive groups since 1998. We have prided ourselves on being an innovative tour-de-force within the automotive industry by offering top of the line digital media solutions to car shoppers and dealers alike through our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, our comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry.
Proudly standing as one of the largest digital automotive platforms on the market with our recent acquisition of DealerRater, Cars.com have experienced a lot of exciting now growth within our organization. In 2016 and 2017 alone, Cars.com moved into our brand new headquarters located in the South Loop of Chicago’s business district, and spun off into a publicly traded entity on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). We can honestly say there has never been a better time to join the Cars.com family!
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop and aggressively grow sales through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Help proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services.
- If requested, manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables.
- Ability to embrace change with creative and innovative solutions.
- Continuous self-development through formalized CV programs and self-driven research.
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross functional departments when necessary.
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license.
- Responsible for attaining revenue and account retention goals.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
- A demonstrated ability to meet and exceed high sales goals.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively in a self-motivated environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone.
- Ability to deliver high quality work results on time.
- Expertise to understand the critical role of networking and building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness.
- Ability to communicate in a way that demonstrates respect for individual differences and crafts messages based on audience needs.
- Capability to adapt both quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and helps others to do so.
- Ability to engage others in own work by demonstrating a sense of optimism, ownership and commitment.
- Superb organizational skills.
- 3 - 5 years of business to business sales experience.
- PC literacy is necessary including MS Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Use of CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline.