Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
Cars.com is seeking a Digital Media Representative who will be responsible for developing relationships and consulting with clients within a defined geographic market while providing an opportunity to contribute to the long-term success of a high growth and progressive company. We offer an established career path within our direct sales team for ongoing career opportunity. Our business-to-business sales representatives are responsible for selling a value-based online advertising solution for automotive clients. Our enthusiastic and driven sales representatives focus on growth of existing accounts and prospect for new opportunities, speak with decision makers, analyze their needs, and effectively deliver value-added solutions.
There has never been a better time to join this best in breed sales organization. You will be surrounded by other experienced, mature hunters and closers in an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is committed to growing their books of business and servicing their clients. If you are true closer and want a great place to work, join the Cars.com team.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop and aggressively grow sales through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Help proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services.
- If requested, manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables.
- Ability to embrace change with creative and innovative solutions.
- Continuous self-development through formalized CV programs and self-driven research.
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross functional departments when necessary.
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license.
- Responsible for attaining revenue and account retention goals.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
- A demonstrated ability to meet and exceed high sales goals.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively in a self-motivated environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone.
- Ability to deliver high quality work results on time.
- Expertise to understand the critical role of networking and building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness.
- Ability to communicate in a way that demonstrates respect for individual differences and crafts messages based on audience needs.
- Capability to adapt both quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and helps others to do so.
- Ability to engage others in own work by demonstrating a sense of optimism, ownership and commitment.
- Superb organizational skills.
- 3 - 5 years of business to business sales experience.
- PC literacy is necessary including MS Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Use of CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline.