At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ & Accu-Trade. Learn more here!
Sr. Compensation Analyst
CARS is currently seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our Human Resources team. This role will focus primarily on the design and execution of broad-based compensation programs and policies but with responsibilities that will extend to administration of executive and sales compensation activities as well. The individual who fills this position will:
- Build constructive working relationships with clients and stakeholders that include Executives and Leaders from specific Business Units, HR, Operations, Finance and Legal.
- Provide counsel to HR and Business leaders on compensation issues related to company pay structures, pay change recommendations, market pricing, new hire offers, wage and hour regulations, policy/procedure interpretation, incentive programs, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategy, structure and staff (roles & responsibilities) as well as compensation environment within assigned Business Unit(s)
- Make recommendations, build support for and execute on compensation strategies that positively impact Business Unit objectives and strategic outcomes
- Represent the compensation function as a primary member of core project team(s) with HR peers including all phases of the planning, administration, and execution of CARS semi-annual merit and promotion cycle(s)
- Demonstrate expertise at job evaluations/assessment and market analysis/benchmarking; accurately assess and draw meaningful conclusions from data and make sound recommendations on pay practices that align with the business/CARS compensation philosophy
- Consult with TA team members (and others within HR) on Job Offers; provide guidance on base/bonus/equity mix, as well as market pricing and internal equity to ensure CARS recruiters can attract top-tier talent
- Conduct job assessments; complete job leveling / grading exercises to ensure align with compensation/HR practices and frameworks as well as FLSA & EEO reviews to ensure adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements
- Familiarity or experience with any number of Executive Compensation practices including the administration of equity programs, processing of equity grants and vests and relationship with equity vendors (Merrill Lynch, Fidelity, State Street, etc)
- Bring an outstanding quantitative skillset; demonstrate agility with advanced features and functions of MS Excel and/or Google Sheets; be comfortable manipulating large data sets; produce powerful results that can be easily presented to customers.
- Provide analysis and reporting related to Finance related activities such as annual bonus accruals, merit and promotion budgets, structural adjustments to an Unit pay , and incentive plan data gathering and reporting; prepare cost models of compensation initiatives for individually assigned activities or as part of larger Compensation/HR initiatives
Desired skills and experience for this job
- Bachelor’s degree, CCP / CEBS and/or other HR certification a plus
- 5 to 7 + years of experience in compensation role(s);
- Experience / familiarity in internet and technology industry a plus (would include familiarity with tech jobs, terminology, structure(s) and pay practices)
- Strong project-management skills with an ability to manage simultaneous projects
- Experience with broad-based compensation principals, practices and processes
- Experience with executive compensation, pay, bonus and equity processing a plus
- Experience with the sales incentive concepts, plan design and administration a plus
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Skilled communicator; exceptionally clear and concise both orally and in writing
- Highly proficient at Excel or Google Sheets, pivot tables, graphs and charting
- Adept at creating, editing and conducting presentations in PowerPoint or Google Pages
- Ability to handle sensitive information and exercise sound judgment.
- ADP experience is a plus.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day
- Learn more about our Benefits, Perks, & Culture on our LinkedIn Life Pages!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.