At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ & Accu-Trade. Learn more here!
About the Role:
As the Organizational Development & Diversity and Inclusion Specialist for CARS, INC, you will be
working alongside a team of like-minded professionals being accountable for developing people
processes to maximize the employee and leadership experience with a special focus on Diversity and
Inclusion. You will have ownership in designing, delivering, and continuously improving specific talent
initiatives while ensuring they fit our CARS people development strategy. You will be the lead in driving
diversity and inclusion efforts across our organization and spend time partnering across all of our
business units to drive hiring metrics, employee resource groups (ERGs), diversity goals, education and
development in this space, and leading the CARS diversity council.
The ideal candidate will have experience with diversity & inclusion, career development, employee
engagement, leadership development, performance management, people development, and onboarding.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
● Support and lead Employee Resource Groups at CARS
● Lead Diversity and Inclusion Council
● Align the CARS organization to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion roadmap
● Build and maintain score boards and metrics associated with D&I (within HRIS preferred)
● Partner across all business units to increase visibility and participation within all D&I programs
● Partner externally with other organizations and the community to help drive further reach of our
● Research, recommend and design employee training and development systems that span the life
cycle of the employee (includes design, delivery, and measurement).
● Create seamless people development programs such as onboarding, career development,
training and leadership development that connect with our business goals
● Design, participate or lead sessions for talent initiatives that improve performance of employees
and the organization
● Collaborate in creating and refining our talent and D&I strategy
● Assist in the strategy for finding diverse talent and develop best in class onboarding processes
● Strong analytical skills
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Peer leadership
● Team oriented
● Collaborative/Cross-Functional approach to solutions development
● Able to coordinate and balance needs of multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to, ERGs,
Leadership teams, HR team, Business Units, HRBPs
● Strategic Thinking
● Problem Solving/Analysis
● Time Management
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
● BS/BA in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field required;
● 4+ Years of relevant experience required
● Experience building/maintaining D&I initiatives at larger companies; Strong community
● Consulting experience a plus
● Certification in Human Resource Management a plus
● Data analytics
● Knowledge of performance management systems, and HRIS software
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.