At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ & Accu-Trade. Learn more here!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking to hire a skilled Sr. Test Automation Engineer to join our QA team within CreditIQ, a cutting edge automotive fintech platform that provides instant online loan screening and approvals to facilitate online car buying.
Sr. Test Automation Engineers are responsible for evaluating software functionality and designing test procedures to ensure that products work as intended. Sr. Test Automation Engineers are responsible for completing all testing procedures, suggesting process changes, and preparing application quality reports. A focus on automation is key. Sr. Test Automation Engineers are responsible for designing automation scripts and finding solutions for automation problems.
A Sr. Test Automation Engineer has an advanced knowledge of software design and engineering, a good eye for detail, and a proficient software troubleshooter. A skilled software test engineer should be able to identify even the smallest flaw in software designs and suggest simple yet effective fixes.
- Collaborating with teammates to discuss software specifications and controls
- Using the software as intended to analyze its functional properties
- Designing manual and automated test procedures to evaluate each software product
- Building, coding, and implementing software evaluation test programs
- Running test programs to ensure that testing protocols evaluate the software correctly
- Tweaking the software testing systems for maximum performance
- Finalizing and documenting testing procedures
- Completing final tests and creating test reports
- Presenting test reports to management and suggesting software fixes
- Proven work experience as a software engineer in test
- In-depth knowledge of program testing software
- Experience with API testing
- Advanced knowledge of debugging code and software development languages
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to collate data and compile test reports
- Excellent software troubleshooting skills
- Ability to design and write complex software testing procedures
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Formal degree or equivalent experience in computer science or related field
- Financial Technology
- Automotive Industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.