At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
About the Role:
- Sell products and/or services to customer then transition account to an Account Executive for ongoing service and growth.
- Responsible for development of new accounts.
- Pursue Sales leads within assigned territory, defined by geographic area, industry, or product/service segment.
- Respond to customer inquiries and offer guidance on appropriate products and/or services.
- May work in tandem with the Account Executive sales team to achieve sales goals and revenue targets.
- Must be able to effectively communicate across multiple internal channels. Execute sales strategy and identify new opportunities/leads.
- Possess a working understanding of company products/services and utilizes sales techniques effectively.
- Ability to travel preferred of any given month in an assigned territory to visit prospective customers face to face.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Have a sales focused mindset with a bias towards action.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and can be held accountable utilizing key metrics.
- Proven ability to build a sales pipeline through effectively hunting, prospecting, cold calling, networking and lead generation activities.
- Strong ability to communicate over the phone, in person, and video conferencing with prospects
- Self-driven with the ability to consistently contact a large prospect base
- Effectively operate both short and long cycle sales
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer relationship building skills.
- Ability to leverage the extended team to succeed.
- Has a strong business acumen, with a desire to drive results.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 4 plus years of successful sales experience; software or ad-tech sales is ideal.
- Demonstrated consistent quota attainment track record with a continuous desire to win.
- Have a strong business acumen, with a desire to drive results.
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- 401k plan with company match
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.