Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Data is the driver for our future at Cars. We’re searching for a collaborative, analytical, and innovative engineer to build scalable and highly performant platforms, systems and tools to enable innovations with data. If you are passionate about building large scale systems and data driven products, we want to hear from you.
- Responsible for DevOps data implementation like CI/CD, security compliance, system monitoring, and alerting
- Design engineering solutions on Amazon Web Services
- Drive continuous improvement of our platforms by anticipating and preventing infrastructure concerns while resolving issues quickly
- Instill comprehension of technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Keeping security at the forefront of all platform decisions
- Ability to prototype ideas and make decision to help improve and scale data infrastructure
- Work with the Data Scientists and Data Engineers to design big data and machine learning platform
- Experience working with AWS Cloud
- Experience in Python and Unix Scripting
- DevOps experience with focus in CI/CD, performance testing & benchmarking, automation, monitoring, and security
- Experience with real-time data pipelines and streaming patterns and event driven architecture (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Ability to understand deeply the entire architecture for a major part of the business and be able to articulate the scaling and reliability limits of that area; design, develop and debug at an enterprise level and design and estimate at a cross-project level.
- Ability to mentor developers and lead projects of medium to high complexity.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field/equivalent experience
- Software Engineering | 3 - 5 years of designing & developing complex, real-time applications at enterprise scale
- Big Data Ecosystem | 2+ years of hands-on, professional experience with tools and platforms like EMR or Kafka.
- AWS Cloud | 1+ years of professional experience, specifically AWS.