At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Cars.com is seeking a curious, energetic Digital Analytics Manager to join our team. The Digital Analytics team is the analytical engine of the company, influencing strategy and decision making through insights and opportunity discovery. In this dynamic role you and your team will dive into the clickstream data of our millions of users to uncover opportunities for consumer experience optimization, marketing efficacy, and advertiser value delivery. Your team will also enable stakeholders with actionable, intuitive performance reporting to embed data in the decisions that fuel our growth. The ideal candidate will have a robust mix of technical and leadership skills, with a passion for optimization, data storytelling, and cross-functional collaboration. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key leader and influencer of the company’s strategy and to drive growth with our Analytics team.
- Lead and develop a team of analysts responsible for data enablement, enterprise KPI performance measurement, and insight development
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify analytics problem solving opportunities, enable deep knowledge of KPI performance, and to integrate data into all decision making
- Lead your team’s partnership in the Product and Marketing development lifecycle. Your team will generate hypotheses, opportunity sizing, measurement plans, dashboards, and post-release and A/B/n testing analyses.
- Implement processes to grow the efficiency and impact of your team. Process improvement domains may include cross-functional resource deployment, data automation, and analysis best-practices.
- Synthesize data from our digital analytics tools and data lake into actionable insights about shopper behavior, marketing performance, and customer value delivery. Clearly communicate these recommendations to internal stakeholders and senior leadership
- Extract and analyze data through Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau, AWS Redshift, Python, and/or R.
- 5+ years professional experience as a data analyst (required)
- Experience leading cross-functional analytics initiatives (required)
- Experience leading and coaching direct reports (preferred)
- Experience with statistical analysis and modelling a plus
Required Technical Skills:
Advanced skills and knowledge of the following:
- Digital analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics. Experience working with raw clickstream data a plus (Adobe or Google BigQuery)
- Experience with marketing analytics (e.g. media mix models, incrementality analysis) and mining data across a suite of digital marketing platform sources (Google Ads, Facebook, etc.)
- Querying and manipulating large data sets using SQL
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau (preferred), Power BI, Looker, Domo, or R-Shiny
Preferred Technical Skills:
- A/B/n testing tools (Optimizely, Adobe Target, etc.) and effective test design (establishing sample sizes, statistical significance measurement, etc.)
- Passionate mentor and teacher, demonstrated ability to coach and develop analysts
- Ability to effectively collaborate and build strong cross-functional partnerships, influencing decisions without authority
- Ability to prioritize and project-manage several analytical work streams from inception to completion
- Demonstrated thought leadership and a curious mind; thirst for discovery, answers, and continuous improvement
- Ability to solve complex measurement and business challenges through creative, analytical approaches; passion for enabling a robust, clean data infrastructure to power these initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to concisely and clearly communicate the insights from large data sets to senior leaders and cross-functional partners
- Active listener with the ability to ask the right questions to understand the business problem and identify the analysis approach
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status