Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Vehicle Inventory is the core of our Dealer Inspire Platform and powers the data for all our products. This position will be on our Support Development Team, which is responsible for maintaining and improving our Inventory Platform, while providing excellent customer service. Debugging any issues with feeds, updating custom sorting, and building out creative solutions to better serve our customers.
- Champions software development standards and best practices to be applied across all software development efforts.
- Working with all members of support to prioritize and complete dealer issues or updates in a timely manner
- Demonstrate the initiative and method for solving different problems, and propose effective solutions for those problems
- Support and maintain legacy features
- Debug and problem solve for any issues coming through inventory feeds.
- Experience working with PHP frameworks or WordPress
- Experience working with MySQL or Similar RDBMS
- Strong Debugging and critical thinking skills to diagnose support issues
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience with job queues and background PHP processes
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Ability to surface technical debt issues and develop a plan for resolution.
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team.
BENEFITS & PERKS*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.