At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, BuiltIn Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Team Lead, Customer Success provides support, coaching, and guidance to Customer Success Managers. As a Team Lead, you have proven to be an expert at Customer Success. You will also be responsible for conducting various team meetings to update Customer Success Managers on department process changes, best practices and continuing expectations. The Team Lead will assist in providing leadership to the team and assist management with departmental goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with managers to provide quality assurance of Customer Success Manager’s work, by QA-ing work and conducting side by side coaching sessions.
- Assist management with growing the team by participating in interviews, selecting candidates, and onboarding new hires.
- Oversee ongoing projects, committees, contests within the department.
- Collaborate with management to determine monthly initiatives and goals for the department. This includes content for weekly and monthly team meetings.
- Utilize Salesforce to effectively communicate with team, track daily and monthly goals and share knowledge department wide.
- Promote customer service excellence for our dealer and sales customers while resolving internal and external customer disputes and complaints, monitor Slack questions and answer where applicable.
- Maintain knowledge of Cars.com products and tools while staying current on industry and competitive trends to ensure department utilization of new and updated information.
- Ability to influence without authority and to achieve results through others
- Extremely patient and customer and employee focused with a positive attitude
- Ability to connect with individuals across the organization to drive results
- Strong coaching skills
- Ability to take command in difficult situations
- Ability to think creatively and strategically while focusing on the outcome
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change, and help others to do so
- Strong work ethic and enjoys being part of the team
- Ability to adjust priorities, manage time wisely, and handle multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven phone and e-mail support experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- A minimum of 1 year Account Management / Customer Success experience, or similar role
- Proven track record of understanding department purposes, objectives, practices, and procedures with an ability to recommend changes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.