**Location: Remote-US, or Chicago, IL
Cars.com is seeking an entrepreneurial and collaborative Sr Manager, Marketing Data Enablement to join us as we grow and thrive in a dynamic and exciting industry.
As a key member of the CARS Growth Marketing team you will report directly to the Vice President, Growth Marketing, partnering with channel owners and other organizational leaders to develop a robust understanding of our customer audiences and interactions across multiple marketing channels.
This is a highly collaborative, analytical role that will support a broad range of ongoing marketing campaigns, initiatives, tests. Experience in cloud-based marketing platforms, marketing analytics, and data modeling will be critical to your success. A curious and entrepreneurial mindset that thrives on driving continuous improvement and delivering positive results will also lead to your success in this role.
- Drive analysis of marketing channel performance and behaviors across the customer car-buying journey, partnering with channel and experience teams to identify opportunities for optimization in media mix, content, and site experience
- Manage test development and implementation across performance marketing channels and CRM campaigns
- Develop and refine ROI analyses and models to assess marketing performance, business impact, and dealer impact
- Build detailed marketing dashboards to develop program and campaign analyses and insights
- Manage site tags and marketing pixels to ensure that data implementation supports Cars marketing objectives while meeting privacy, security, and site performance objectives
- Identify and refine audience segments while deepening understanding of content and strategies that drive engagement and conversion throughout the car buying journey and customer lifecycle.
- Partner with Marketing, Data Science, Product, and Web Analytics teams in execution of assigned responsibilities
- Experience in A/B test setup/analysis, audience sizing, and statistical significance measurement. Familiarity with web testing tools such as Adobe Target or Monetate.
- Working proficiency in visualization tools (Tableau, Google Data Studio) and databases (AWS, BigQuery) preferred.
- Experience with common web analytics tools (e.g., Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
- Strong Excel skills such as pivot tables, visual basic and financial modeling concepts. Data handling (ETL) and knowledge of P&L's a plus.
- Ability to manage initiatives proactively with minimal supervision; strong problem solving, communication (verbal/written) and time-management skills.
- A mindset focused on attention to detail and quality of results. Prioritizes business impact and links efforts to organizational ROI.
- BS/BA required; concentration in business, marketing, computer science, or mathematics preferred.
- 7-10 years’ related marketing or analytics experience, ideally including at least 1-2 years managing direct reports
- Intermediate to expert SQL proficiency required, R or Python proficiency a plus.
Cars.com Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country. A true constant through the years has been the incredible culture we've created. Our
employees have cultivated a culture that embodies our Company Values. We take pride in how Cars.com empowers our people to win and gain valuable experiences along the way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.