At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
About the Role:
Cars.com is looking for a Digital Strategy Associate to support the National Sales team. The Digital Strategy Associate will be part of the Strategy team and will report directly to the Sales Enablement Manager. The Digital Strategy Associate will be primarily responsible for creating media plans and social campaigns in response to RFPs that deliver on client KPIs.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work cross functionally with sales, strategy and yield teams to define and develop unique sales and go to market strategies for each client to maximize revenue while delivering on Client KPIs
- Learn the Cars.com product catalogue and shopper journey and make strategic recommendations to align with client objectives
- Create media plans in excel
- Work in Salesforce and MediaOcean/Prisma systems
- Build campaigns in Facebook to provide delivery and audience estimates
- Effectively communicate Client media plan and Facebook audience estimate details to internal operations teams and sales
- Build strong internal working relationships across Sales, Yield, Campaign Management and Customer Data and Analytics
- Work cross-functionally on special strategy team projects
- Strong comprehension of media math and traditional media cost metrics
- Experience with buying or planning digital video, digital display, social media and content
- Ability to analyze and manipulate data within excel
- Experience working in Facebook campaign planning tool to pull audience targeting and campaign delivery estimates
- Possess an understanding of the sales process and client objectives to ensure well-rounded alignment regarding key performance goals, campaign strategy, competitive restraints and marketing objectives.
- Solid understanding of digital ad formats, functionality, and ad serving technology/systems (DFP, Operative, Yieldex, FatTail, DSM, or others) is preferred
- Ability and desire to manage projects and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb time management, ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Positive, enthusiastic, professional, and a team player
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Media, Business or related field is preferred
- 1-3 years experience in Online/Digital media in media planning, media buying or sales planning, ideally at a media agency or publisher/ ad sales
What’s In It For You
- Strong career pathing opportunities in this role. We’ll work with you to set you on a path for Sales Account Management, Campaign Management or Strategy
- Work from home flexibility
- Work for one of Chicago’s first tech companies, now publicly traded and making waves in the auto and tech industry
- Leadership opportunities across our company interest groups
- Training and personal/professional development programming
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.