Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
A true constant through the years has been the incredible culture we've created. Our employees have cultivated a culture that embodies our Company Values. We take pride in how Cars.com empowers our people to win and gain valuable experiences along the way!
About the Role: Sell products and/or services to customer then transition account to an Account Executive for ongoing service and growth. Responsible for development of new accounts. Pursue Sales leads within assigned territory, defined by geographic area, industry, or product/service segment. Respond to customer inquiries and offer guidance on appropriate products and/or services. May work in tandem with the Account Executive sales team to achieve sales goals and revenue targets. Must be able to effectively communicate across multiple internal channels. Execute sales strategy and identify new opportunities/leads. Possesses a working understanding of company products/services and utilizes sales techniques effectively. Ability to travel (driving/flights) up to 75% of any given month in an assigned territory to visit prospective customers face to face. Requires minimal supervision.
- Have a sales focused mindset with a bias towards action.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and can be held accountable utilizing key metrics.
- Proven ability to build a sales pipeline through effectively hunting, prospecting, cold calling, networking and lead generation activities.
- Strong ability to communicate over the phone, in person, and video conferencing with prospects
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer relationship building skills.
- Ability to leverage the extended team to succeed.
- Has a strong business acumen, with a desire to drive results.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have access to an insured vehicle.
- Ability to pass company background/drug tests.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 4 plus years of successful sales experience; software or ad-tech sales is ideal.
- Demonstrated consistent quota attainment track record with a continuous desire to win.
- Have a strong business acumen, with a desire to drive results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status