Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
A true constant through the years has been the incredible culture we've created. Our employees have cultivated a culture that embodies our Company Values. We take pride in how Cars.com empowers our people to win and gain valuable experiences along the way!
About the Role:
As the Sales Development Representative, you will act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential dealer partners. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns, individual personalized outreach and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until the deal is closed. Ultimately, you will assist in boosting sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the assigned market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Business development Executives
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.