Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
A true constant through the years has been the incredible culture we've created. Our employees have cultivated a culture that embodies our Company Values. We take pride in how Cars.com empowers our people to win and gain valuable experiences along the way!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Fuel Marketing Data and Technology Manager is responsible for evaluating, building and implementing the data pipelines and technical architecture of our programmatic and social marketing platforms. This position will work on segmenting, enriching, and optimizing our audience data for use in programmatic and social advertising, including working with the Cars.com tech and data teams to ensure our site is optimized to capture, store, and activate on this data. Support Fuel Media and Analytics Team
Additionally, this role will support the creation of marketing architecture, API’s, and processes that will enable scaled and automated campaign execution and management. The ideal candidate will have a systems-based approach, and prioritize creating intelligent technical solutions that reduce manual intervention and improve the effectiveness of our bidding, buying, and measuring.
Equal parts engineer, marketer, and entrepreneur, the Data Enablement Manager works as both project leader, hands-on creator, and internal thought leader, and has a drive to innovate and optimize all areas of our product. They are data-driven, decisive, and solution-focused, with an “in-the-weeds” approach to data (e.g. cookie-less future expert). They prove proof of value (POV) for our Media, Product Specialists, Performance Management, Sales & Executive teams.
- Work with Data and Technology teams to optimize site architecture for audience enrichment/marketing enablement.
- Partner with internal teams and platform partners (e.g. Google, Trade Desk, Amazon, Facebook) to build API’s and process/workflows that facilitate marketing automation. Work both hands-on and as a project manager on technical projects.
- Act as in-house SME for tagging/tracking
- Help drive thinking around first-party data capture and monetization.
- Leverage internal data environments (GCP, AWS) to analyze performance and make strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Partner with internal data science resources to guide model development for marketing models such as LTV, Propensity, and custom bidding models.
- Supervise data integration efforts within Cars Inc. across platforms, data providers and attribution partners.
- Manage and implement audience data usage and recommend in-market shopper options
- Work closely with DSP/platform support teams to troubleshoot and improve campaign performance
- Work closely with automotive industry data distributors and direct 1PD/3PD sources
- Help design and execute testing and measurement strategies for product innovations.
- Identify and propose areas of opportunity to expand digital advertising business for current clients.
- Must be a team player that is also comfortable working independently.
- Demonstrate expert product/platform knowledge
- Demonstrate strong judgment and autonomous strategy decisions & critical thinking
- Assist with training & documentation
- Demonstrate grasp of leveraging KPIs to interpret results and make data-based decisions
- Models empathetic & actionable communication to team members, clients, and vendors in high-pressure situations
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with digital marketing, analytics, and the marketing tech stack.
- Comprehensive knowledge of tagging and measurement best practices.
- Prior experience with audience resolution technologies like Liveramp.
- Be extremely accountable and resourceful.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Willingness to learn.
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 18 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Flexible work-from-home and remote options
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.