CARS Software Engineering is looking for top talent to join our team for an exciting new phase of our business and technical evolution. In 2021, we are launching a new platform that will transform Cars.com, a 20-year-old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation and fuel our mission.
This role is focused on how we interface with our product and design partners by leading how we leverage, maintain and improve an internal web component library, and frontend tooling. It is important to be able to work with many types of stakeholders, from Engineering leaders in Product Engineering and Cloud Engineering roles, to Design leaders, to teams and leaders across the business (Product, Customer Support, Sales, etc.).
- Mentor and coach engineers to design, build, maintain and operate areas of the platform related to front-end technology
- Educate internal company teams on current platform capabilities, and provide creative direction toward new front-end capabilities as required
- Lead engineering team culture via strong code review practice, project and team retrospectives
- Develop, maintain, and document Software Engineering best practices
- Lead and participate in an on-call rotation to support our Business
- Work with product stakeholders to develop solutions and estimates for software engineering work
- Work with software engineering leadership on technical direction and team feedback, in conjunction with a vision and roadmap for the operational platform.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Significant software engineering experience (10+ years)
- Demonstrated leadership experience in software engineering through team leadership or management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically about trade-offs in software design, and explain those tradeoffs to both engineers and non-engineers
- Experienced with engineer career growth from junior to senior levels
- Skilled at receiving and delivering feedback, and developing action plans to promote improvement for people, teams, and organizations
- Built and shipped multiple products, applications, or systems to production.
- Elixir / Ruby
- Design and UX skills/experience
- Worked in major full-stack frameworks (Ruby on Rails / Elixir’s Phoenix Framework)
- Working with GraphQL / Apollo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.