Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Dealer Inspire and DealerRater are its subsidiary businesses. Dealer Inspire is an innovative industry disruptor future proofing dealerships with connected solutions. DealerRater is a trusted reviews platform with over 10 million user generated reviews.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role is an enterprise level role across CARS. (Cars.com, Dealer Inspire and DealerRater). Data is the driver for our future at CARS. We’re searching for a collaborative, analytical, and highly skilled Sr. BI Business Intelligence engineer to help build enterprise level business intelligence capabilities at CARS. If you are passionate about delivering data driven business insights and driving a culture of analytics, we want to hear from you.
- Understand business objectives, data questions, and reporting problems, and create new BI services offerings and value proposition
- Act as a subject matter expert and architect of BI platforms, designing and building solutions to support enterprise reporting requirements
- Lead a BI community of practice across the enterprise, ensuring adoption of best practices, building awareness on availability of solutions and BI tools capabilities
- Mentor developers and analysts on enterprise data use cases, data visualization and BI tools best practices
- Act as a subject matter expert on behalf of the business, anticipate user needs, and monitor/automate data quality and completeness on behalf of user constituents.
- Maintain inventory of data content (structure, level of detail and amount of history), and gain consensus among users on common business data definitions (metadata management).
- Provide stewardship over enterprise reporting data and metrics and support ongoing efforts around data governance and data quality
- Build complex queries on large data sets and performance tune as needed
- Translate business needs into data visualizations
- Collaborate with data platform teams
- Foster self-service analytic environment by providing domain and tool expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- 8+ years of industry experience with Analytics/BI Development – reports, metadata layer, dashboards, using SQL queries, BO and/or Tableau.
- 5+ years of industry experience working with Business stakeholders or executives to translate Business needs into data visualizations
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop/Explorer/Creator, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader/Viewer in various versions of Tableau
- Experience with Tableau Administration is desired
- Experience with SAP BO Administration is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field/equivalent experience
- Experience with internet scale data in an e-commerce or online marketplace setting
- Understanding of Big Data Platforms
- Prior experience in AWS Cloud
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.