At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Data is the driver for our future at CARS. We’re searching for a collaborative, analytical, and data-centric leader to align the business demand with technical priorities while championing a data culture at CARS. If you are passionate about delivering data-driven solutions and analytical insights, we want to hear from you.
Working in a dynamic, forward-thinking environment, maximizing the value of data analytics, drive faster delivery results, managing risks, while providing transparency and alignment among cars product and functional groups. This is a technical role, and the successful person should be passionate about data, bring strong analytical background and expertise, data-centric, cross-functional alignment, and support the mission of growth through data-driven insights and KPIs.
You will be part of a highly analytical team, serve as a data SME, investigate and gather the necessary data to perform the analysis of key strategic or tactical questions.
- Organize and triage business requests to improve visibility to overall work demand, planning, prioritization, and strategic alignment.
- Investigate and analyze data through Tableau, AWS Redshift, and Data Lake.
- Be highly analytical with a proven ability to turn data into actionable insights.
- Ad-hoc data analysis support - AWS data and identify new solutions and trends.
- Draw conclusions, present recommendations, and tell compelling stories.
- Define a unified data team Service Management discipline, critical in measuring performance, establish KPIs to measure SLAs, and improve the delivery of Data services.
- Manage project communications reviews; report the status updates and key decisions via regular health reports and ensure visibility to core teams and all levels of leadership; align with other communication channel owners to ensure consistency.
- Partner with data delivery leads to identify risks, barriers, resource gaps and propose solutions; ensure mitigation is addressed and follow risks throughout each phase and ensure appropriate visibility.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the senior leadership and stakeholders as needed if the core team is unable to meet responsibilities or deadlines or if the quality of deliverables is below expectations.
- Manage the backlog that impacts current work or needs visibility for Agile sprint planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field.
- Well-versed in SQL, data analytics, data visualization, and big data environments.
- High-level competency in BI Tools and platforms such as Tableau, Business Objects, MS PowerBI, Looker, or other BI tools.
- Strong Project Management background with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-value data projects simultaneously and drive them to successful completion.
- Well-versed and experienced in multiple project management methodologies and tools.
- Ability to articulate and shape business requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience working with all levels of management and meet stakeholder’s expectations.
- High level of critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for our team’s mission.
- Experience in the automotive space or digital marketplace is ideal.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer relationship building skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Professional experience as a data analyst.
- Experience with JIRA or similar Agile tools.
- Prior Experience with AWS or similar cloud environments.
- Program Management experience, consistently meet deliverables, develop detailed work plans including project milestones, risk assessment, project timeline.
- Automotive experience, working with digital data analytics, clickstream data a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.