At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Campaign Manager is a key contributor to the Sales Organization, responsible for successful campaign execution and optimization to meet campaign delivery and performance goals. This role is multidisciplinary; blending elements of operations, ad technology, analytics, and strategy. The Campaign Manager will work with various internal teams (Yield Management, Display Strategy, Ad Operations, Finance, Sales, Product Marketing, and Advertiser Insights)
- Act as post-sales delivery expert partnering closely with Sales, Yield, Ad Operations while owning/overseeing the delivery phase of advertising campaigns to ensure flawless campaign execution and delivery while maximizing both Client and Organizational revenue
- Understand how common KPIs, conversions, inputs, calculations, and outputs required for campaign implementation impact campaign setup and provide guidance to Order Entry, Yield Specialists, and Sales
- Ensure that campaigns launch on time with the correct creative, targeting attributes, avails, revenue, and prioritization
- Continuously measure and monitor campaign delivery and performance and communicate recommendations for optimizations
- Identify and troubleshoot any issues that may cause negative impacts to campaigns, including but not limited to: third party creative issues, product execution and configuration, campaign setup and performance goals
- Utilize various analytic tools and ad tech systems (Salesforce, DFP, Operative, MOAT, etc.) to analyze and troubleshoot campaign delivery and performance
- Have a solid understanding of external clients’ success metrics (viewability, engagement, CPx, etc) as well as Cars.com Yield/delivery strategies and be able to make delivery decisions considering both simultaneously
- Lead weekly status calls with sales team(s) to ensure alignment
- Build out and communicate all reallocation, reforecasting, and optimization plans to sales team and other stakeholders
- Work with Yield Management Specialists to provide (under)delivery estimates to communicate to Finance and Leadership Stakeholders
- Ensure that campaigns are billed accurately per the agreed upon billings terms
- Recommend best practices for future campaigns in the spirit of continuous improvement
Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work both autonomously within a larger team and the ability to work cross-functionally with a wide range of employees with different skill sets
- Strong and demonstrated experience in Microsoft Excel with the ability to gather, organize, and analyze large, complex sets of data using advanced/complex formulas
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Business
- Experience in digital advertising or related industry managing complex operational processes and managing campaign delivery and performance
- Experience with popular Ad Technology tools such as DFP/DCM, Appnexus, Operative.One, Fattail, DSM, Yieldex and similar tools
- Experience managing performance driven advertiser campaigns
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.