**This position is 100% Remote, but US-based candidates only.**
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Product Owner (PO) is the leader of the Product who serves as a proxy for the customer to prioritize and plan initiatives that bring the most value to the customer and the most return on investment to the Company.
To accomplish this, the PO must balance the requests for new features and enhancements with the continual need to maintain technical integrity of the product and supporting systems, and prioritize items in the backlog based on the input from all Stakeholders. The PO develops and maintains a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to all Stakeholders. The Product Owner is responsible for the product and product features from concept to EOL. The PO works with architects, product marketing and development teams to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met with each product release. The PO is responsible for the design, usability, quality, and delivery of a product or feature. The PO is the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. The PO understands both the engineering and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the entire product for our company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports and holds accountable other supporting roles (such as sales, marketing, and compliance) to the agreed upon deadlines and deliverables.
- Accurately assess timelines and delivery schedules, and clearly communicate opportunities and risks to management
- Own product performance by setting success metrics and monitoring them to inform the future product roadmap
- Define, manage, and evolve product strategy, roadmap, and vision
- Management of product's P&L
- Product ownership role throughout the development and delivery lifecycle, requirements management and product backlog prioritization
- Collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Product leadership teams on outward communications about the product and roadmap
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the competition, differentiators and business strategy
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Assess value, develop business cases, and prioritize items to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide product backlog management
- Work closely with Leadership to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Contribute to the planning of product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Create and maintain relationships with key partners and internal teams
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience working as a Product Manager, Business Systems Analyst, Software Architect, or Engineer.
- The standard set of PM skills: understanding markets, competition, and user problems in depth to articulate why and how we should build.
- Experience working with budgets, forecasts, and managing P&L statements.
- Awareness of procedures and standards for conceptual product definition, database design, the creation of analysis specifications and program artifacts, development of test plans.
- Appreciation of good UI/UX design and its impact on product success.
- Ability to work in an organized manner and use common sense and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple initiatives.
- Ability to adapt to a new working environment and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles a plus.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian products a plus.
- Extreme patience, ability to listen, a sense of humor and a controlled tenacity for delivering results is a must.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and experience working with internal and external member teams.
- Ability to think creatively and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Can take charge and thrive in uncharted territory or ambiguous circumstances. Strong analytical skill-set to decipher client needs and recommend solutions.
BENEFITS & PERKS:*
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.