Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the Role:
Dealer Inspire is looking for an experienced application developer to join our rapidly growing team. This role involves development of automation pipelines in a highly available and scalable production AWS environment. Using development best practices and DevOps principles, the ideal candidate will develop and help and maintain business applications related to the automation and deployment of Dealer Inspire website platform application code. Although this role is closely related to the website platform it does not involve any work on the websites themselves- only the automation behind the platform.
- Help develop business applications for the following scenarios:
- Deployment automation
- Third party integration of business tools related to website platform
- Automated alerting of website platform performance metrics
- Work with other internal teams to develop additional automation to assist with their roles
- Be an SME for application deployment pipelines
- Document systems and software for non-technical users
- Contribute to home-grown PHP library of shared business logic
- Strong background with development of OOP PHP applications
- Moderate experience with Apache or NGINX
- Experience with secure coding practices (OWASP Top 10, active/passive code scanning, etc)
- Moderate experience with linux administration
- Moderate to strong ANSI SQL skills (MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres)
- Strong understanding of DNS
- Knowledge of x509 certificates in relation to HTTPS
- Experience with queue workers (SQS, Algolia, Laravel Workers, etc)
- Skilled with VCS (git, hg, etc)
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to see the big picture of a system from OS all the way to browser
- Willingness to give and receive honest feedback
- Ability to work with non-technical teams
- Self-motivated and willing to own projects seeing them to completion
- Ability to diagnose and address issues in a production environment
Preferred but not Required Skills:
- Experience with containerization, Docker, ECS, or microservices
- Svelte, Electron, Vue, or Kohana experience
- Experience with AWS services