This position is Remote-first and Flexible, but US-based candidates only.
CARS, Inc. is looking for a Senior Product Manager to play a meaningful role on our growing team of passionate and creative technologists. We are one of the largest digital automotive marketplaces, focused on delivering frictionless omnichannel experiences for buyers and sellers. We are successful because we are obsessed about shoppers, giving them the best selection of tools and information through their purchase journeys, and because we are obsessed about sellers, building solutions that empower them to operate more efficiently.
As a part of the Product Team, and the broader Experience Team (Product, Design, Marketing), you will work with cross-functional teammates to build delightful products, execute strategy, and drive business outcomes. You will build relationships and alliances communicating across a broad range of functions and personalities. You will thrive at CARS because you are a creative problem solver who loves building technology products with an eye for details, keen focus on results, and a resourcefulness to get things done.
What You'll Do
- You’ll craft innovative digital advertising products and solutions based on a deep understanding of our customers and their jobs-to-be-done in our marketplace
- You’ll partner closely with key stakeholders to understand the desired business outcomes and identify the product initiatives and strategies to address them
- You’ll own the vision, business goals, roadmap, and execution strategy for these products and features
- You’ll discern the problems you’re tackling through research, discovery and regular interaction with customers, and define and frame those problems for the team
- You’ll define product success metrics, provide detailed analyses of business impacts, and share the insights and results with senior leadership and throughout the company
- You’ll collaborate with Design, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Brand, Sales, and product teams at our other brands, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, and FUEL to craft meaningful product improvements
- You’ll identify the highest impact work and prioritize it, make trade-offs between scope, cost, schedule, and business benefits, and ensure delivery of the functionality that delights our customers
What You’ll Bring
- 5-7+ years with product development experience, shipping software or services through their entire lifecycle of discovery, ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Excellent strategic communication across channels and disciplines to inspire, educate, explain, document, influence, and persuade
- Analytical problem solving skills—using data and insights to drive decisions— and strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to understand and translate between diverse groups —Engineering, Design, Data, Analytics, Sales, Finance, Senior Leadership — to ensure everyone has a common understanding of the problem, opportunity, and solutions
- Experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams with ability to gather, organize, and align around a common objective
- Knowledge of digital advertising, automotive industry, or online marketplaces and a passion for cars or mobility is a plus
Who You Are Committed To Being
- You are self aware and lead from a place of empathy
- You are comfortable with both optimizing and innovating through discovery, design, and development
- You are a self-starter who will default to pragmatic and productive action
- You care about the success and experience of your customers while delivering value to them and the business
- You ask detailed and specific questions, understand nuance, and challenge the status quo