Director, HR Business Partner
Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
As a Director, you’ll be an integral part of CARS Inc HR leadership team; This role will be responsible for creating and driving your function’s people strategy successfully. This requires you to think big, challenge and collaborate, and invent creative solutions using data. This includes leading the team to build structure where previously hadn’t been; and or helping rebuild structure to help the business scale. You can expect your day to span many topics/activities including coaching clients, developing leaders, navigating and resolving employee issues and championing our people programs.
In this role, you will...
- Provide expertise in: organizational design, performance management, succession planning, business consulting, compensation, employee engagement, coaching, learning & development, recruiting, data analysis, and employee relations; including continuing to drive the transformations/re-orgs across CARS Inc as needed.
- Partner and lead your team to be cross-functional subject matter experts to design and deliver your business strategy for how we attract, on-board, develop, engage and retain what we value most, our people.
- Collaborate with leaders to develop and execute a people strategy that delivers the best results, and continually measuring and managing employee engagement to ensure it remains in step with our core values.
- Uncover root causes to problems and design thoughtful, timely solutions that align with our strategy which requires cutting across multiple disciplines and sometimes beyond people and organizational solutions.
- Work with your team and business leaders to provide best in class guidance and coaching, as well as facilitating engagement, translating HR policies and ensuring alignment with organizational values and objectives.
- Ability and desire to build/augment processes and procedures that drive efficiencies for the team and positively impacts the employee experience.
- A solid sense of discretion, professionalism and use of good judgment while working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Superior communication skills – convey confidence, empathy and trust via candor and diplomacy to build effective relationships across all levels.
- Strong influencing skills to motivate action and drive collaboration.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic work environment.
- Effective problem solver with strong analytical skills that identify root causes, understand trends, develop recommendations and hold partners accountable to own and deliver.
- Passion for HR - enjoys coaching and developing people.
- Dynamic yet detail orientated and organized.
- Project management skills and implementation experience.
- Design and maintain organization vitality dashboards to educate and drive priority setting
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence leads to ensure fundamental employee lifecycle processes are current, relevant, congruent and aligned with business strategy and values
- BS/BA degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of current or recent experience HR management or experienced working in a HR Business Partner role.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in HR, preferably at a tech or digital marketing or publicly traded company.