At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, BuiltIn Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
About this Role:
CARS Software Engineering is looking for top talent to join our team for an exciting new phase of our business and technical evolution. In 2021, we are launching a new platform that will transform Cars.com, a 20-year-old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation and fuel our mission.
We seek a well-rounded engineer with strong inclination towards modern infrastructure, operations, and developer support tooling. Our platform is built on Elixir and deployed using cloud-first technologies like AWS and Kubernetes, and therefore we prefer individuals with Kubernetes experience, preferably in AWS.
The ideal candidate has multiple years of commercial software development experience and has released, supported, and scaled production systems. We’re looking for people who have not just written features, but have also supported the systems those features run on. Do you get excited about optimizing performance and infrastructure – and also like digging into code implementation to make it happen? Do you daydream about build pipeline optimizations? Let’s talk!
- Develop quality, scalable, efficient software using Elixir, Phoenix, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Write and review infrastructure as code.
- Support production system infrastructure, logging, data reliability, and application observability initiatives.
- Provide routine tactical support and implementation guidance as needed to feature teams around performance, system stability, and security.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of professional experience within an enterprise software environment.
- Experience in Kubernetes containerization and runtimes. Specific experience with AWS EKS preferred.
- Experience in AWS & cloud computing.
- Experience in CI/CD and system operations.
- Knowledgeable about security best practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.