Account Executive- Field
At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
About the Role:
Act as point of contact for existing customers, focusing on ongoing customer success, retention, and growth. Sell products and/or services to existing customers. Responsible for maintaining relationships with accounts by visiting customers within assigned territory, defined by geographic area, industry, or product/service segment. Respond to client inquiries and offer guidance on appropriate products and services. Execute sales strategy, pull reports and key information. Provide insight to customers, identify and close upsell opportunities. Demonstrate expertise of retention and sales techniques and company product/service offerings. Ability to travel (driving/flights) at least 75% in an assigned territory to visit prospective customers face to face.
- Excellent planning and solutions selling experience.
- Motivated and comfortable working remotely in a home office as well as from the road/field.
- Ability to conduct in-depth sales presentations including product demonstrations that highlight key benefits, return on investment and the value of our solution and services.
- Proven persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the automotive space or digital marketplace is ideal.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer relationship building skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven ability to identify and close sales opportunities.
- 1-3 years of relevant sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated consistent quota attainment track record with a continuous desire to win.
- Overall experience selling advertising or complex SaaS/software solutions to business leaders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.