At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Customer Support Specialist provides excellent customer service to dealers and/or consumers who contact Cars.com via phone, email, chat and text, with a focus on first contact resolution. This position requires that all interactions with customers are resolved in a prompt, professional and personable manner.
- Develop an expertise in Cars.com services and products and the initiative to take an active role in sharing this knowledge with customers
- Achieve individual and team service level goals
- Track and document all customer inquiries and resolutions in SalesForce.com
- Identify and escalate necessary customer inquiries and issues to Senior Support, Product and Technical Support teams
- Assist with various tasks and inquiries from our customers including dealers and/or consumers and internal customers
- Perform other related duties, as appropriate to further the success of the Customer Support Team and/or Operations Department
- Customer focused with a positive attitude and the ability to work with non-technical customers and a diverse customer base
- Spanish Bilingual fluency preferred - both written and spoken
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates accountability for issue resolution and customer empathy
- Strong work ethic and enjoys being part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Able to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Knowledge of the MS Office and Windows required with greater technical aptitude preferred
- Familiarity with online media and tools preferred
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Uses sound judgement and professionalism
- Ability to work independently and deliver high quality work
- Flexibility to work weekend and/or evening work shifts
- Prior customer service experience or service industries experience preferred
- Prior Spanish bilingual customer service experience or service industries experience preferred
- College degree preferred or minimum of one-year work experience required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.