Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
The Vice President, Total Rewards is responsible for designing, analyzing, communicating and managing the organization’s compensation, benefits, HRIS and reward programs; as well as managing our workplace experience team across CARS. In addition, the VP and team are responsible for ensuring compliance with various federal and state regulations regarding all compensation and benefit plans. This role will drive innovation and process efficiencies within the department; as well to ensure effective total rewards messaging and communication.
- Manage the overall compensation function including base compensation, short-term and long-term incentive compensation including equity administration.
- Manage the broadband, sales, and executive compensation plans across all CARS brands.
- Also partner and help to enforce SOX compliance and controls across the organization.
- Manage the overall administration of the group medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance plans, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) Plan and defined benefit plans.
- Manage and enhance vendor relationships to streamline day-to-day administration.
- Provide Board of Directors support and analysis as well as help the CHRO in preparation of Compensation Committee materials.
- Evaluate plan designs and recommend benefit programs based on overall effectiveness, benchmarks, market assessment, business strategy and cost impact.
- Evaluate existing Department processes and procedures and restructure/automate as appropriate; including driving technology enhancements.
- Partner cross-functionally within HR and Finance and Legal regular talent calendar items such as (Merit, STIP, RSU grants, Open Enrollment; and Budget).
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations including, SOX, ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, DOL and ERISA. Understand all components of the Affordable Care Act and ensure Company compliance with regulations and reporting requirements. Manage PCORI, Transitional Reinsurance, 1094 / 1095 C and EEO/VETS reporting and compliance process.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to support and implement People projects and processes.
- Mentor other team members on the Total Rewards team
- Manage a team six individuals, both managers and analysts
Leadership & Technical Competencies
- Confident, energetic and a roll-up-your sleeves attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Tech Savvy, and experienced in technology integrations and overhauls
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Quick learner; and savvy in organizational agility
- Ability to drive multiple workflows, working with multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business or equivalent experience; Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated, progressive compensation and benefits experience including knowledge of executive compensation programs and management of people
- Knowledge and experience across the spectrum of broad-based total rewards and in-depth understanding of executive compensation design and administration.
- Experience selecting and managing external consulting relationships.
- Ability to work closely with members of the leadership team as well as build collaborative working relationships with other members of management.
- Continue to help the brands scale, and drive the organization towards industry best practices; and risk reducing consultation.
- Strong project management skills
- CCP and/or CEBS a plus