At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Fuel IMV team is looking for a dedicated and experienced Co-op Specialist to join the fastest growing team at Cars.com. The Fuel Co-op specialist provides co-op consultation, co-op documentation, claim and reimbursement support for Fuel Dealer customers. This role works cross-functionally and will ultimately assist in dealer co-op optimization and retention.
- Provide new and existing Fuel customers co-op consultation, and direction for success with the dealer’s co-op advertising funds
- Provide new and existing Fuel customers receiving co-op assistance filing on behalf of or the required monthly documentation for co-op advertising claims (prepare invoices, screenshots and reporting as appropriate)
- Create and provide detailed documentation for monthly co-op submissions to Fuel customers
- Track all customer inquiries and interactions
- Work closely with Cars.com Sales Teams to answer co-op inquiries and provide for any and all co-op related requests
- Ensure all Customer facing interactions are resolved in a prompt, professional, and personable manner
- Anticipate co-op related problems based on OEM guidelines and dealer participation
- Work with internal teams and outside OEM co-op agencies to stay abreast of all current trends and legal changes in the industry of co-op
- Research and understand each manufacturer’s process of auditing and crediting co-op funds
- Provide assistance and guidance to the Fuel Client Services Team on the most effective use of co-op funds, verify that all advertising meets co-op guidelines, and manage claim denials by escalating to the Co-op Agencies and ensuring all issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Perform other related duties to further the success of the Co-op Department and Fuel, such as participating in various side projects, pilot groups, or department initiatives
- Display an innovative approach to consultation and support by staying ahead of industry and competitive trends
- Client relationship experience
- Extremely detail oriented approach and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven phone and email support experience
- Customer-focused with the ability to work with non-technical customers
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly self-motivated and an efficient individual displaying willingness to think outside of the box
- Must possess a desire to learn new systems and processes
- Strong orientation to customer service
- Listening skills
- Professional phone demeanor
- Proficient and accurate written communication
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and departments
- Capability to overcome objections
- OEM experience preferred
- College degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Comfortable with basic math skills and working with spreadsheets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.