CARS, comprised of Cars.com, DealerRater, Fuel and Dealer Inspire, is an industry disrupter producing innovative digital marketplace solutions for our consumers, dealer customers and major manufacturers. Our mission is to provide leading technology that creates “car chemistry,” matching the right person, with the right car. At CARS we also believe in “career chemistry.” We match our employees’ passions with our business challenges so together, we can pioneer new frontiers. At our core, we thrive in change, believe challenging work leads to career growth, and most importantly, value our people.
Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to find their perfect car with our expansive shopping tools, millions of new and used vehicle listings, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry. A true constant through the years has been the incredible environment we've created. Our employees have cultivated a culture that encourages collaboration, accepting new challenges and moving quickly.
The Revenue Strategy and Operations team works closely with our sales leaders to identify opportunities and build plans to capture value. Our work is cross-functional and at the heart of the revenue generation engine of the company. We are working on the most important projects to drive revenue. Our work ranges from strategic planning to tactical initiative planning and execution.
- Identify opportunities to improve sales productivity across our sales channels
- Identify new revenue opportunities within our existing product line-up or customer segments
- Build recommendations or business cases, routed in sound analytics and laying out pragmatic implementation path
- Act as liaison between sales and cross-functional teams (e.g. finance, product, product marketing)
- Manage cross-functional teams to deliver identified opportunities
- Define clear, robust processes to drive sales outcomes
- 3+ years of Sales Operations, Management Consulting, or Investment Banking
- Strong analytical skills with ability to draw insight to influence decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently and fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com and experience with various components of sales tech stack
- BA / BS in quantitative field such as mathematics, economics, finance or business
- Advanced knowledge of Excel / Powerpoint; Tableau and Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Prior experience in B2B SaaS sales organization preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status