Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
A true constant through the years has been the incredible culture we've created. Our employees have cultivated a culture that embodies our Company Values. We take pride in how Cars.com empowers our people to win and gain valuable experiences along the way!
About the Role:
The Sr. Manager, Benefits will lead the benefits function for CARS, Inc. within the Total Rewards team. This leader will be responsible for the design, evaluation, communication, implementation and on-going day-to-day management of health and welfare, retirement and other benefit/reward programs. This exciting and important role will be integral in setting the overall benefits strategy and ensuring it aligns with the overall HR and company strategies.
- Manage vendor relationships (with consultants, administrators, record keepers, insurance carriers, trustees, etc.) to drive the delivery of best in class performance and partnership with our third-party vendors.
- Develop and deliver communications to inform and educate employees about the company's benefit plans, programs and any proposed changes.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to promote, administer and enhance corporate benefit plans and programs and processes.
- Work collaboratively with, and act as thought leader for, other internal partners (finance, legal, etc.) to ensure benefit programs are cost effective, legally compliant and competitive.
- Oversee benefits budgets and billing. Partner with Legal, Finance, HRIS and Payroll functions as required regarding plan operations, plan funding and accounting.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners around key processes and implementations throughout the year. Key areas will include Leave of Absence administration and annual enrollment.
- Manage and support the execution of new and ongoing projects and deliverables while being an active hands-on participant in the process.
- Oversee development and implementation of procedures to ensure that programs are administered efficiently, consistently, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage one direct report; mentor other Total Rewards team members as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Benefit design and administration, including leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, benefit laws and regulations, including ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, 401(k); high deductible health plans (HDHPs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs); self-insured health plans; understanding of benefits billing process and requirements for HRIS applications.
- Strong project management and process improvement skills; demonstrated ability track record of moving projects from design to deployment.
- Passion for continuously improving the experience of our employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player and desire to work in a collaborative environment with a variety of stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of financials, budgets/accruals of benefits plans for self-insured health plans.