Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Data is the driver for our future at Cars. We’re searching for a collaborative, analytical, and data-savvy business intelligence engineer to help build enterprise level business intelligence capabilities at Cars. If you are passionate about delivering data driven business insights and driving a culture of analytics, we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills working with a variety of data sets, including big data generated through clickstream
- Experience enabling business intelligence capabilities across multiple lines of business
- Knowledge and experience in various reporting platforms and their advanced functionality
- Experience with dimensional modeling concepts
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently and as a part of larger cross-functional teams
- Build complex queries on large data sets and performance tune as needed
- Translate business needs into data visualizations
- Collaborate with data platform teams
- Foster self-service analytic environment by providing domain and tool expertise
- Perform root cause analysis on reporting and data issues
- Ability to self-motivate, set goals, prioritizes and meet deadlines
- Ability to partner with internal and external peer groups to design and implement solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Create technical documentation
- 4+ years of experience in complex SQL programming
- Professional experience with data visualization tools; such as Tableau or QuickSight
- Ability to work with large databases in Cloud environments
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and technologies
- Ability to communicate with internal and external teams both verbally and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Prior experience with enterprise data governance initiatives, including implementing enterprise level tools and processes.