Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Data is the driver for our future at Cars. We’re searching for a collaborative, analytical, and innovative leader to champion a data culture at Cars. If you are passionate about delivering data driven business insights and driving a culture of analytics, we want to hear from you.
- Build a cohesive BI strategy and roadmap for the organization, aligning with business priorities and opportunities.
- Lead the Data Governance Community of Practice by collaborating with data stewards, technology and business stakeholders.
- Serve as the product owner for data discovery and data cataloging tools and workflows - championing best practices, data definitions and issue resolution across multiple teams and systems
- Manage, mentor, motivate and build a team of BI engineers and data analysts, and drive excellence in delivery
- Develop enterprise data quality management programs and tools
- Develop data training/data literacy programs to drive a data culture across the organization
- Manage BI infrastructure and licenses, ensuring high availability, performance and access to all users
- Well versed in SQL, data visualization and big data environments
- Expertise defining, planning and executing enterprise level data initiatives
- High level of competency in BI tools and platforms, and expertise evaluating the evolving BI landscape
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-value data projects simultaneously and drive them to completion
- Strong organizational, influencing and communication skills
- High level of critical thinking and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field/equivalent experience
- Experience building successful enterprise level business intelligence and data governance programs
- Experience building high performance, collaborative teams
- Prior track record of successful enterprise scale data projects
- Hands-on experience with multiple BI tools such as Tableau
- Experience with internet scale data management in an e-commerce setting
- Prior experience with AWS or similar cloud platform
- Prior experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics