Cars.com is seeking a passionate, data savvy Senior Analyst to join the Analytics team and fuel our mission of growth through data-driven insights and opportunity discovery. In this dynamic role you will dive into our web and app clickstream data to uncover opportunities for consumer experience optimization and customer value delivery. You will also enable stakeholders with actionable, insightful measurement & performance reporting that guides the business through growth goals. The ideal candidate will have a robust mix of technical and communication skills, with a passion for optimization, data storytelling, and data visualization. You will collaborate with a centralized team of analysts as well as teams across the organization including Product, Marketing, Finance, and senior leadership. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key influencer to the company’s strategic decisions and to learn and grow with our Analytics team.
- Synthesize data from our web analytics tools and data-lake into actionable insights about our audience, shopper behavior, and advertising products. Clearly communicate these recommendations to internal stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Actively participate in cross-functional initiatives, collaborating with team members to achieve and measure project success. Provide opportunity analyses, measurement plans, tracking requirements, dashboards, and post-release and testing analyses.
- Create compelling, intuitive dashboards to enable the business with critical metrics, with a focus on data automation, anomaly detection, and actionable data visualizations.
- Extract and analyze data through Adobe Analytics, Tableau, Hadoop, Python, and/or R.
Experience & Education:
- 3+ years professional experience as a data analyst or digital analyst
- Experience with statistical analysis and modelling a plus
- Bachelor’s degree within a quantitative or business-related field, such as statistics, marketing, finance, etc.
- Digital analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics (preferred) or Google Analytics. Experience working with raw clickstream data a plus.
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau (preferred), Power BI, Looker, Domo, or R-Shiny
- R or Python preferred
- A/B testing tools and concepts such as Optimizely or Adobe Target preferred
- A curious mind with a thirst for discovery, answers, and optimization
- Can easily organize and analyze large, varied sets of data and distill into actionable insights
- Superior work ethic and eagerness to learn, time/project management, and flexibility to thrive in our dynamic environment
- Active listener with the ability to ask the right questions to understand the business problem and identify the analysis approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate findings with across multiple levels within the organization
- Comfortable presenter and excellent data storyteller
- Creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to extract insights and opportunities from our data
- A team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for our team’s mission.