Founded in 2002, DealerRater®, a Cars.com (NYSE:CARS) company, is the world's leading car dealer review website that connects consumers with the right person at the right dealership. The site offers nearly 5 million sales and service reviews across 44,000 U.S. and Canadian dealerships, including a network of more than 5,000 Certified Dealers. More than 14 million consumers read DealerRater content across the web each month. By offering a product suite that allows qualified dealerships to manage their reputations and achieve higher SEO rankings, DealerRater supports new customer connections by growing online presence.
About the Job:
As a Product Associate reporting to our VP of Product, you will help to support the Product team in defining and executing on the creation of new products and features, and assist in maintaining existing features. You will work with internal teams to collect and analyze feedback from both users and customers, helping to identify opportunities to improve the experience of DealerRater’s products and website. You will also be responsible for helping to coordinate activities across Product Management, Marketing, Design, Development, and Training in support of new product & program launches.
This job requires someone who is a hard worker, inquisitive, and detail-oriented. This is a great opportunity for someone that has a passion for learning and problem-solving, and an interest in creating products and experiences that customers love.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with, and assist, other Product Managers in the creation of new products and features.
- Help to coordinate the efforts between Product, Design, and Development throughout the product launch process.
- Maintain and update internal product, feature, and release documentation.
- Gather and analyze feedback from both users and internal teams on DealerRater's products and website. Work with Product team to identify opportunities to improve the experience for our customers and users.
- Record product defects and appropriate resolutions.
- Support Product Managers in completion of research projects and data collection.
- Provide support to internal teams on function and usage of DealerRater's products.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of product marketing activities and dealer programs.
What You'll Need:
- Four-year college degree; Bachelor of Science in Business or Engineering preferred.
- Strong aptitude and understanding of how to break processes down into technical objects to solve problems.
- Problem-solver that enjoys digging into tough challenges, learning new things, and figuring out creative solutions to issues.
- Strong and effective communication skills; proven ability to converse with a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within the organization; respond appropriately and diplomatically to needs, requests, and questions.
- Must demonstrate pragmatism and sound judgment, with a preference for using data to help drive your decisions.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of organizational skill.
- Strong sense of pace and urgency to meet deadlines.